Monday, November 5, 2012

Ten Days And Counting.

So after a totally uneventful appointment today, the waiting game resumes.  After some long hours and days of contractions, and other unspeakable bodily changes, my body is still doing NOTHING.  Sitting at 0%, and a 1.  Yep.  I'm that awesome.

I hadn't realized this, don't know that they ever actually told me, but I sat at 50%, and a 2, for 3 WEEKS!!!!!!! with the last kiddo, AND still ended up with the induction at 42 weeks.  AWE-SOME.

Today she made it sound POSITIVE that she won't make me go past 41 weeks, so although I am sceptical, I am planning on that for now.  Keep in mind that will be a full 2 WEEKS after my original induction date.  14 days feels like a REALLY LONG TIME when you are this fat and uncomfortable.  A really long time.  But, out of that 14, I apparently only have 10 more to go.

The blood pressure was a little high today, so they are having me come back on Wednesday for a blood pressure check, and a non-stress test, and possibly another 'sweeping' of the membranes.  TMI, I know.

Feeling fine about it.  Just SO confused by my body.  I really don't understand why it is SO easy for some people to go into labor, and why alot of people I know seem to have their babies before or 'on' their due dates.  I CANNOT FATHOM WHAT THAT WOULD BE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Really, that's like an alternate reality to me.

So tonight I begin the 10 day countdown.  Cause that's all I have.  Hoping still the little man will make his appearance before then, but realizing from my lovely history, we'll be seeing this little guy in 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment