Friday, November 9, 2012

My TOP 7 Of The Day.

1.  Ranch kids were wearing shorts just two days ago, and tonight we had to brave a blizzard to get home.  Where am I?

2.  Felt a little weird driving through a snow storm tonight with our new snow tires INSIDE the van, instead of on it.  Auryn kept telling us the tires wanted to be out in the snow.  I agreed.

3.  Why on the snowiest day of the season are my contractions the strongest?

4.  Being 9 months pregnant, with a full bladder, driving on a bumpy road, having strong contractions, listening to a over tired screaming two year old, while having that over tired two year old kicking me in the back of my seat, during those strong contractions, while on the bumpy road, with a full bladder, while 9 months pregnant, is NOT my idea of a good time.  Glad to be in bed.

5.  My suspicions were correct.  My pelvis is in fact NOT aligned.  Makes more sense as to why labor really has been starting and stopping for me this last week.  He can't get where he needs to get, and make happen what needs to happen.  Hoping the alignment stays in place and helps things get MOVING.

6.  Wait.  I am 9 months pregnant, an hour from my hospital, in a snow storm, with no snow tires on my van.  This feels like a bad idea.

7.  Four year olds are SO much more rational than I was expecting.  At dinner tonight Auryn ordered mac n cheese, and Kadence ordered a grilled cheese sandwich.  We let them choose their own meals.  When Auryn's meal arrived she was obviously dissapointed, and I braced myself for the whining and complaining.  Instead, she just sat there a moment, looking at Kadence's plate and said "Next time I think I'll order the grilled cheese sandwich", picked up her spoon, and dug into her mac n cheese.  THAT WAS IT!!!!!!!!!  3 months ago I would have had to hear about it for hours!!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I'd LOVE to say we are starting to see some of the fruit of alot of 'good' teaching and discipline, but I am more inclined to believe it's a maturity thing.  She is old enough to feel the weight of a 'bad' choice, own it, and wear it, and leave it behind.  She is old enough to know there will be a 'next time' to make a different choice.  She is old enough to know that loosing self control will get her no where.  She is becoming so grown up.  I just love that little girl.  She truly is one of my very best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment