Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm supposed to be huge, I'm 8 months pregnant. What's your excuse?

For some reason, when women get towards the end of pregnancy, I've noticed that people feel the need to say insensitive things to them, or about them.

This is something I really don't get at all.  Well.....except for the fact that these comments usually come from people who have never experienced the blessing of carrying a child.  So, these remarks come from a very very naive and selfish place.  Or these comments come from men, usually older men.  Again, you don't get it.....

This has happened to me EVERY SINGLE PREGNANCY i've had.  Yet still leaves me scratching my head.  I still don't get it.

I was looking online at just random pregnancy and labor stuff, where women were sharing 'end of pregnancy' stories, and came across a FANTASTIC 'come back' to the 'kind' remarks people LOVE to share with very pregnant women.

A woman was sharing how she was getting just sick of people telling her that she is huge, and so instead of being pissed and bottling it in, she started responding to them.  Her response?

"I'm supposed to be huge, I'm 9 months pregnant.  What's your excuse?"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon coming across this quote I shared it with my husband, who of course just rolled his eyes.  After begging him to PLEASE let me use this comeback at least once in response to someone's remarks, I finally agreed with him that responding this way isn't necessarily the most mature or kind thing to do.

So to honor my husband's wishes, I will not be using this comeback.  Out loud at least.  I can't promise I won't be thinking this in my head the next time someone shares the obvious with me.

Cause after all, if they ever get to experience the blessing of pregnancy, they'll be huge too.  And I hope the embrace it like a WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment